Monday, June 14, 2010

Ready, Set, Blog!

"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." -- Henry Miller

Hi there! While this blog is intended for family and friends, I'll begin by introducing myself to any internet creepers who may have stumbled upon it: My name is Ashley, I'm 22, have recently graduated from college, and am pretty stoked to be embarking upon my very first trip abroad. Hence the blog name -- Ashley Abroad! Clever, I know.

To get this party started I will begin with a very general outline of the trip:

Depart 12:30 PM Monday, June 14th -
Richmond, VA- Charlotte NC
Charlotte, NC - Paris, France ((arriving 6:30AM Paris time, midnightish for you Virginians!))

A glorious 5 days later we will take a train...
Paris, France - Barcelona, Spain

And another 5 days later we will find a way to drag ourselves home-
Barcelona, Spain - Munich, Germany
Munich, Germany- Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia, PA- Richmond, VA


Woot Woot!! It's almost 1 AM on said Monday now, and despite being exhausted from packing/work, I'm too wired to sleep. No surprise there! My mind is racing now, attempting to discover any critical items that I may not have remembered to pack. I have absolutely ransacked my apartment, searching through all of my belongings and throwing everything that wasn't going with me to Europe over my shoulder in a pile of "insignificance". What a joy that will be to come home to! :)

I have no idea how often I will have a chance to update this, I would LOVE to do it nightly, but can't make any promises as I will be at the mercy of my lovely friend Danielle, who has graciously agreed to allow me to use her laptop. Speaking of Danielle, my traveling companions will also include my delightful brother Michael and my uncle Eric.

I'm excited to share my experiences with you all and to have a place to record my thoughts/feelings to the new and unknown ahead of me. I welcome your comments and advice! I should probably get some sleep now or else I may end up locked on a plane like
that one lady who fell asleep and is now suing the airline for her stupidity (American dream, and all that!) But before I go, I'd like to give a shoutout to my Mom & Dad, who made this whole thing possible. Thanks for being awesome and I love you both very much!!

Sweet dreams friends, tomorrow brings many new adventures :) :)

2 comments:

  1. I like this! Have fun and be safe!!!!!!!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so happy for you !! i hope you have an awesome time cause you have definitely earned it and you so well DESERVE it !!! take tons of pictures, be careful,and most of all..dont forget to COME HOME !! LOVE YOU LOTS !!!,cissy.

    ReplyDelete